If you own a website, you must be aware of the importance of a dofollow backlink from a high authority site. As we are aware, backlinks are crucial to raising the ranking of a site and drive organic search traffic to the website.
Search engines give weight to backlinks while ranking a website; it pushes all SEO experts to create a large number of high-quality relative backlinks to their client-sites.
Everybody wants a backlink from a high authority site. To achieve this, every site admin joins various discussion forums related to his niche, leaves comments on high authority blogs, creates profiles on popular social websites, writes guest posts, etc.
Backlinks are of two types – Dofollow backlinks which carry maximum link juice, and Nofollow backlinks which don’t carry any link juice. Getting a dofollow backlink from a high authority website is difficult.
Procedure To Get A Dofollow Backlink From Google Plus
Visit your profile page on Google Plus
1. Go to plus.google.com and click sign in button at the top left of the page.
2. You require Gmail account credentials to sign in. If you don’t have one, create it.
3. A new Google Plus page will appear.
4. Click on ‘Profile’ button in the left vertical navigation menu. Once you are on your profile page, you can upload a profile photo and cover photo.
You may like to read Common problems faced by bloggers and tips to overcome them
Edit your profile
1. Click ‘About’ button on the cover photo and a new screen similar to the one shown below will pop up.
2. Three edit symbols are seen in the display, but you have to focus on ‘Sites’ and ‘Story.’ Click edit symbol against ‘Sites’ and a new window like the one below will pop up.
3. Enter your site name and its link in the appropriate places. If you have more than one website, you can enter them as well. These website links will become dofollow backlinks to your sites.
4. Now click edit symbol for ‘Story,’ and a new window like the one below will pop up.
5. In the ‘Introduction’ area, you have the opportunity to enter one or more links. As you can see, I have inserted two links in this area.
Check the link type – dofollow backlink or not?
1. Now we have to check if these links are dofollow or not? I am using Mozbar tool to confirm it.
2. You can use this tool or any other one, and you will find that these links are dofollow backlinks.
3. Congrats! You have got a dofollow backlink from Google Plus — a site with a domain authority of 100.
4. But, there is one issue – You will not find a unique URL for the ‘About’ page to submit to Google for indexing. The URL you see is a general URL for all accounts, i.e. https://aboutme.google.com/?referer=gplus.
5. You can hope Google will consider these links for your site ranking.
6. But, don’t forget to submit profile page URL to Google for indexing.
Procedure To Get Nofollow Backlinks From Google Plus
You can get a good amount of nofollow backlinks from Google Plus. These backlinks will help improve your domain authority.
1. Whenever somebody likes or comments your post, a notification is generated. You can find ‘Notifications’ button on your Google Plus home page navigation bar.
2. Click it, and a page with all notifications will appear.
3. Click one notification at a time, and a page will pop up, having a post that was liked or commented.
You may like to read Must have free and reliable SEO tools for your website
4. This page has a unique URL, and all the links on the post will be nofollow backlinks.
5. You can insert backlinks in the comment area. The page will look similar to the one shown below.
6. You can confirm the links by Mozbar tool.
7. Now, it is time to submit this page URL to Google for indexing.
8. You should repeat the process for all the notifications.
Summing Up How To Get A Dofollow Backlink From Google Plus
Do not miss this opportunity of capturing valuable backlinks, particularly a dofollow backlink from Google Plus. Make intelligent use of this social site for traffic and link generation.
If you want to add something to the above topic, please do write to us in the comment area.