The bloggers and webmasters look for high PR blog submission sites to submit their blogs because they know that merely publishing nice posts is not enough to improve their sites’ ranking in search results.
Therefore, as part of their link building strategy, they use these blog submission sites to submit their blogs.
This method of blog submission is quite easy and generally free. That is why a large number of people get attracted to this method. Moreover, blog submission to these sites has many benefits that we will learn later in this post.
If you Google search the keyword ‘high PR blog submission sites’, then you can find a number of sites claiming to have a blog submission sites list. To a large extent, those lists are same.
Moreover, many of the sites are found non-existent or have disappeared. This implies that such sites’ lists were not manually verified.
I am also presenting a list of high PR blog submission sites. But you may ask how my list is different than others. My answer is yes, we are different than most of the others.
Our list is an authentic high PR blog submission sites list which is handpicked and found to be working.
In this post, we will dive deep into these sites and understand how they work and can affect our blog.
So, to understand these sites, we will discuss the following points:
- What are blog submission sites?
- Benefits of blog submission sites.
- Drawbacks of blog submission sites.
- Which Google update has affected blog submission sites?
- Are these blog submission sites still relevant?
- How can we identify good quality blog submission sites?
- How many blog submission sites should we use?
- Top high PR blog submission sites list
- How can we submit our blog to blog submission sites?
- Summing up the blog submission sites list
1. What Are Blog Submission Sites?
Blog submission sites are websites that store information about thousands of blogs in the relevant categories. There are many categories like SEO, Internet, Information Technology, Social media, Health, Travelling, Computers, etc.
The number of categories could vary anything from 10 to 30. Organization of blogs on the basis of categories helps a visitor to find related blogs easily.
These websites are also called blog directories. You can compare them with Yellow Pages which are directories for listing the businesses. Similarly, these directories list the online businesses.
Many blog submission sites also have RSS feed option, so that whenever you publish a new post, it gets available at these websites.
Now, an important question comes to mind – How do these blog submission sites survive? I mean how do these websites earn money?
There are two ways to earn for these sites –one, earning through advertisements and the other way is to charge some money from bloggers for listing their blogs on these sites.
2. Benefits Of Blog Submission Sites
There must be some reasons that people submit their blogs to these blog submission sites. Broadly, we can imagine three benefits which are discussed below:
a) You Get A Backlink To Your Blog
As part of the SEO strategy, people look for different ways to build backlinks for their blogs. And, submitting a blog to these sites, earn them important backlinks.
As you know more the number of backlinks your blog has, the better search ranking it will have.
Not all sites provide dofollow backlinks; some of them provide nofollow backlinks. Although nofollow backlinks do not give any link juice, they still matter and have to be part of your link building exercise.
One important point to remember – these links are not powerful if you compare them with the Contextual links. Still, these dofollow backlinks provide some link juice to help your blog to have some lift in SERPs.
b) Your Blog Gets Wide Exposure
When you create an awesome post you want it to be presented to a large number of relevant readers. This requirement is fulfilled to some extent when you submit your blog to these sites.
People, who regularly visit these websites, also access your blog provided it is relevant and has some value for the readers. Many of these visitors may subscribe to your email list and become loyal and regular audience of your blog posts.
So, this strategy of submitting blogs to blog submission sites has the potential of giving you some good traffic.
c) It Improves Domain Authority Of Your Blog
Domain authority of your blog depends upon the number of good quality sites linking to it and the age of your domain. When you submit your blog to these blog submission sites, you get backlinks, thereby helping your blog to get higher DA value.
Higher Domain Authority then raises search result ranking of your blog posts. As a result, you get more organic traffic. So, what else you can ask for from these sites.
If you analyze any site with high domain authority, you will find the site is linked to thousands of other sites, meaning such sites have thousands of backlinks.
For example, take the case of Labnol.org (Digital Inspiration) – a blog from Amit Agarwal. It has a domain authority of 76 and the number of sites linking to this blog is 7282, which is just awesome.
3. Drawbacks Of Blog Submission Sites
- Excessive use of these blog submission sites for getting backlinks may backfire. Google may consider this practice as spamming and may downrank your blog. So, you should restrict yourself and have only say, 20% of your backlinks coming from these sites.
- Many blog submission sites ask for money before they list your blogs on their sites. If you do not want to spend money, then your blog submission activity gets restricted and you are able to submit your blog to only a few sites.
- Some blog submission sites ask for a reciprocal link before listing your blog on their sites. It means you have to insert a code from a blog directory onto your homepage – either on the top or at the bottom. Many of you may not be comfortable with the reciprocal link condition.
- When you choose an option of no reciprocal link and no payment, then these sites will say that it may take 30 days or more before your blogs can be listed on their sites after review. It is also possible that these sites then, do not list your blog at all.
- Sometimes, such sites are penalized and disappear from the search results, meaning if you search them, they will not appear in the search results. This will also mean your backlink from any such site will have no value.
4. Which Google Update Has Affected These Blog Submission Sites?
Google’s Panda algorithm has penalized many blog submission sites, terming them as low quality or spam sites. These are generally those sites which allow your blog listed without editor-review.
Google understands such sites allow people to manipulate link building and Google doesn’t like it. As per Google, link building should happen naturally, meaning if you have created a unique, valuable content, then people should consume it and share it. In that way, the backlinks created are natural and valuable.
So, here the advice is to use only a few good quality blog submission sites for building links.
5. Are These Blog Submission Sites Still Relevant?
This is a valid question. After Google’s Panda Updates, are these blog submission sites still relevant? I would say, yes. But you have to use them selectively, and not that you should submit your blogs to hundreds of sites.
As told above, not more than 20% of your backlinks should come from these sites.
Don’t be afraid too much. You can submit your blog to high-quality sites and reap the benefits they provide.
6. How Can We Identify Good Quality Blog Submission Sites?
This is an important question. You can take the following steps to arrive at a good quality blog submission site:
- The first thing you have to check is if these sites accept your link without any editor review. If so, it is not a good site. Don’t submit your blog here. So the first requirement is – the website should list your blog only after editor review of your blog.
- How old are these blog submission sites? They should be more than two years old. That will indicate the sites are running fine and expected to do well in the coming days as well.
- What is the domain authority of these sites? These websites should have high domain authority which is one of the signals of quality sites.
- These websites should have high page ranks also.
- Moreover, these sites should be updated regularly. If they are not updated for months, do not use these websites for submitting your blog.
7. How Many Blog Submission Sites Should We Use?
It depends on an individual blog. As stated above not more than 20% of your total backlinks should come from these websites. So, if your blog has 200 backlinks, then you should not submit your blog to more than 40 websites.
Keep in mind these points – high domain authority, high page rank and editor review. If you keep all these things in mind, you need not fear anything and submit your blog to these blog submission sites.
8. Top High PR Blog Submission Sites List:
|S. No.||Website Name||DA||PA|
9. How To Submit Your Blog To Blog Submission Sites?
Before you start submitting your blog to these sites, you should create a text file. And in this file, you should write down details as mentioned below:
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Email id
- Password (should be strong). It should have minimum 8 digits and should be a combination of one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number, and one special character. It should not be same as your name or username or email id.
- Your Blog title, like in my case, the blog title is Hari For You – Blog Journey.
- URL of your blog, like in my case, it is – https://hariforyou.com
- 5 Keywords against which you want your site to be ranked.
- Category of your blog. It may be different on different sites as it depends on the options the blog directory provides for the category.
- A brief description of your site.
You will require these details to fill on all the blog submission sites. So keeping them handy in such a way will save your time and make the process of blog submission easy.
After visiting a blog directory, the first thing you have to do is sign up. Then, you can start the procedure of blog submission. You can try two-three blog submission sites daily until your selected list of these sites is exhausted.
10. Summing Up The Blog Submission Sites List
As I have communicated in this post earlier that if you use these blog submission sites intelligently, you will get the benefits for sure. But if you become greedy and start submitting your blogs to a large number of sites, then you may be seen as a spammer and search engines may penalize your site.
This will result in poor search engine ranking and reduced organic traffic.
As a thumb rule, backlinks from these sites should not exceed 20% of your total backlinks count. Moreover, you should not submit blogs to poor sites, i.e., sites which are new and have low DA and PA.
In the end, I would say go and complete this part of your link building exercise without any fear.